Tobacco-free North Texas (TNT) is a community coalition dedicated to reducing the burden and impact of tobacco use through education, action, and smoke-free initiatives in all 19 Region 3 counties (Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Grayson, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, Tarrant, Wise). TNT’s areas of focus are prevention, education, and advocacy. To achieve our goals, we partner with agencies that share our mission, including the American Cancer Society, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, local health departments, and other tobacco prevention providers. TNT is your community resource for tobacco, secondhand smoke, and cessation related education and information in North Texas.
For information on how to get involved with TNT, please contact Victoria Moreno, Tobacco Prevention Coordinator for Recovery Resource Council, and Chair of the TNT coalition by emailing [email protected].
TNT, a community coalition, believes that change is most likely to occur when the community takes a collaborative approach.
Our advocacy goals are to educate North Texas cities about the health, economic and social benefits of 100% smoke-free public places.
We also provide tobacco education and awareness events for our communities.
What it Takes to Be a Member
- Sign a community based agreement
- Fill out a contact information form
- Attend coalition meetings
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association
- Americans for Non-Smokers’ Rights
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Tobacco
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA)
- Dallas Area Drug Prevention Partnership
- DUCK Texas
- Food and Drug Adminstration – Tobacco
- The Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse
- National African American Tobacco Prevention Network
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- No Fuma
- Not Another 50
- Partnership for a Drug Free Texas
- Prevention Resource Center – Region 3
- Share Air
- Smoke-Free Families
- Citizens for a Smoke-Free Lewisville
- Smoke-Free Texas
- Spit it Out
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Tar Wars
- Texas Department of State Health Services – Tobacco Prevention and Control
- Texas Tobacco Law
- Texans Standing Tall
- Tobacco-Free Kids Day
- World No Tobacco Day
- Worth It?